During 2011-2015, Satsuki was the lead singer and rhythm guitarist for 'Cartoon', a Sydney based alternative-rock band.
Cartoon started busking after school and gained their reputation in Sydney's North Shore as ‘the onesie band’. Their animated performance and lively covers attracted attention and enticed crowds of people, particularly families and teenagers. At a one-off busk in Pitt Street Mall, they were founded by Adam Boland, a former producer of 'Weekend Sunrise' on Channel 7 and presented Cartoon as ‘busking sensations’ and were put through ‘busking boot camp’. Glenn A. Baker, an Australian journalist well known for his vast knowledge of rock music, described Satsuki’s vocals as a close resemblance to Tracy Chapman and Joan Armatrading.
They released a single on iTunes called ‘Delphia’ (2012) and were officially signed to a local indie label, Meshach Musik (2013). They then released two more singles, 'Tetra' (2014) and 'Eat More Bananas' (2015).
· Weekend Sunrise, Channel 7
· House band for 'Thursday FC', SBS 2
· Blue Beat – Double Bay
· King Street Theatre – Newtown
· The Spectrum - Darlinghurst
· Oxford Art Factory – Darlinghurst
· Relay For Life
· Christmas event for radio station Hope 103.2
· Events for Willoughby Council
· Carols at Willougby Park
· Vocal Rewind: Mosman Youth Centre